Cockroach Control Treatment
Cockroaches are common pest found in residential premises, commercial outlets, food preparation outlets, factories and warehouses. The common cockroaches reported in Singapore are Periplaneta americana (American cockroach) and Blattella germanica (German cockroach). American cockroach is chocolate brown in colour and 35-40 mm long while German cockroach (10-15mm) is smaller than American cockroach. German cockroach is brownish yellow in colour with two longitudinal parallel black bands running down their pronotum. The cockroach body is typically oval and flattened dorsal-ventrally. This body shape allows the cockroach to squeeze through narrow cracks and spaces in litter and among rocks. The newly emerged nymphs look like miniature adults, but are wingless.
Sign of infestation
- Live adult and nymph
- Presence of shell casings
- Presence of dark brown colour egg casings
- Presence of dark colour droppings
- Pungent odour when involved a heavy infestation
Cause of cockroach infestation
- Food is left in the open
- Dirty dishes left in kitchen or room
- Poor sanitation & housekeeping in kitchen
- Exposed trash
- Presence of sources of water from leaking pipes / drains
What if not treated on time?
- Food poisoning cause by contaminated food
- Spreading of disease-causing bacteria
- Acute asthma attack triggered by cockroach allergens
Types of treatment
- Gel baiting
- Kitchen spraying
- Sewer and manhole spraying
- Bin chute spraying
- Bin chute fogging
- Initial pest infestation inspection
- Identify the species and sources of infestation
- Residual chemical spraying on area of infestation or harbourage
- Oil based fogging at bin chutes
- Recommendation of sanitation methodology to minimise future re-infestation of relevant pests
- Clean up interior and exterior premises on a regular basis
- Wash dishes and cooking utensils immediately after use
- Clean up crumbs and spills right away
- Store foodstuffs in sealed containers
- Dispose garbage, trashes and wastes on a regular basis
- Eliminate sources of water or moisture (repair and fix water leakages)
- Seal up and cracks and crevices to prevent cockroach from entering
Did you know that insecticides and gel baits are not suitable for your home?
Eco Space Pest Management is your answer for cockroach control treatment service!
Cockroaches are prevalent pests found in areas where humans inhabit: in residential buildings, commercial properties, food establishments and warehouses. These pests are more widespread in unclean areas with exposed food waste and dirty tableware, water leakages along cracked pipes and sewers as well as unhygienic and unused areas.
Cockroaches are known to be disease carriers, where these pests acquire a wide range of hazardous disease-causing pathogens to contaminate humans and our living spaces. Overtime, the contamination transmitted to exposed food items can cause food poisoning and bring about unpredictable allergies. Do not delay and seek medical attention if you experience diarrhoea and abdominal discomfort.
Countless insect repellents that claim to be effective against cockroaches are not genuine. These insect repellents have harmful chemicals that leave an unpleasant waxy area and bad odour after use. When accidentally inhaled or exposed to the skin, these insecticides can cause detrimental health problems such as nausea, headache and muscle weakness. Use insect repellents as sparingly as possible.
Here at Eco Space Pest Management, we are experienced in providing cockroach control treatment services to help keep your home safe for you and your loved ones. Our specialists will start with a check-up of the infestation site. With more than 10 years of experience, our team will perform on-site chemical treatment and bin chute fumigation thoroughly to eradicate these pests locally. Our consultants will advise you on hygiene precautions you can take to reduce subsequent infestations and protect your family.
Contact us for NEA certified cockroach control service for a cockroach-free home today!